Business Process Services
All about our Business Process Services and solutions that deliver measurable business value.
We helps businesses accelerate time-to-market by reducing time spent across all stages of the application development lifecycle through automation, IPs, open source, and licensed third party tools. By leveraging the Infosys Global Agile methodology, enterprises benefit from shortened development lifecycles and faster project completion. Further, the Infosys DevOps team provides continuous support throughout the project with continuous enhancements and milestone measurement, thereby improving business performance.
What are Business Process Services?
Business Process Services definition is the services that we outsource by the organizations specializing in doing all the outsourcing activities. Particular business processes that aren’t considered the core competencies in an organization could be outsourced to companies that specialize in taking up those activities.
This allows those companies to achieve higher flexibilities in order to manage their finances and operations as well. Effective Business Process Services enhance user and customer experience, performs optimization of processes, and helps in cost and time reduction to market. It can help you to manage your business processes from top to bottom, thus enabling you to be focused on what’s ahead!
What are the Benefits of Business Process Services?
The benefits of business process services are massive, keeping in mind that you are able to find the right partner company for your business. Some of these benefits consist of
The most important benefit of a business process outsourcing service is its significantly low expenses. You have to pay very little for outsourcing work as compared to a salaried professional. You pay as per the needs of the company, enabling the organization to save a lot of money spent unnecessarily.
In addition to it, you can even get certain ‘tax benefits from the government for the same. You won’t necessarily get a direct tax break, but you’ll definitely get the options to attain profits on paying income tax made abroad.
For a new company or rising start-up with limited resources, you really can’t bother building a huge customer support team from scratch. You need to check whether you are doing the right thing or not! If you have a founding team with a technical background, then they are most likely to not have good training as a support team.
So, outsourcing a company that specializes in support, will help you achieve a better and efficient process at the same cost. This, in turn, enables your core team to concentrate only on what’s important for your company. These core processes are ultimately responsible for making your company stand out.
Consider a case, you are a company originating from Punjab, but you decide to expand your market in Tamil Nadu, you’ll have a hard time at the initial phase. Firstly, your sales team can’t just be imported there due to the language barrier. So, you’ll have to find people from that particular region only for the company management.
Even this wouldn’t resolve the problem completely as it would lead to some other issues – even if the company official is fluent in the language, they won’t know exactly how the market in that specific part of the country works.
So, a better option is to find a local partner in that area that has a native workforce. They will be already aware of the do’s and don’ts of the market there and will have the acquired knowledge of the language and culture as well. It is much easier to manage a 3rd party company as they can be put to work as needed.
Other Tangible Benefits of Business Process Services are:
Advantages of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) that attract the companies :
- More exposure to skilled experts in your business. You can substantially increase the business performance by outsourcing the experts of a particular niche. This gives good support to your core team by increasing their efficiency.
- You get your work done faster. This also saves you from the tedious recruitment and hiring processes.
- It is ideal for short-term projects that don’t require much time and people involvement.
- You get top-notch work and pay a professional who specializes in that area and save yourself from the heavy costs of hiring such an individual.
- Businesses see it as a way to reduce their tension of doing the difficult business processes by themselves.
What are the Types of Business Process Services?
For outsourcing functions, there are back office and front office functions. The back office comprises the internal company processes: accounting, purchasing, etc. Whereas, the front office functions, comprises everything involving the customers: sales, customer support, and so on.
There are 3 major types of outsourcing:
- Offshore: When outsourcing is done in a distant country. For example, think of the USA to India. That usually means there’s a significant cost reduction since the salaries in the developed countries can be 8x expensive than in India.
- Nearshore: For countries that are situated near to the contracting company. For example, think of the USA to Mexico.
- Onshore: Outsourcing is done within the same country but in a different city or location. The core value here is still cost-cutting while maintaining the added benefit of having native employees. This cuts out any chances for confusion and miscommunication.
How to Choose the Right BPS?
To avoid all the mentioned issues, you need to pick the right business process partner. It is a very important step as if you mess up at this stage, then searching for a new one is going to be both expensive and time-consuming. So, here’s our step-by-step guide for you to decide the best business process outsourcing partner for you!
- Clearly identify and define your business requirements – It’s crucial to have a crystal-clear understanding of what the processes will be doing exactly that you are going to outsource. Without specifying the needs, there will be issues to find a perfect partner for the job. Make your points as clear and specific as possible. This is important so as to ensure that the partner company understands the job details very clearly.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) – Draft a well-structured Request for proposal (RFP). Ensure to include all the business details about the project thoroughly. Then, begin sending those out to the potential partner companies.
- Examine the received proposals & pick your partner – Skim through all the received proposals and identify the ones that are the best for you. Don’t select the lowest-cost partner, check properly the services they offer. A sub-par partner may cost you even more expenses as there are chances that their collaboration doesn’t prove to be that fruitful. That means, there would be additional costs for switching partners in such cases.
- Drafting & Contract negotiating – Figure out all the minute project details – how the communication will be established within the organization? How frequently? At what times exactly? What is going to be the expected budget? What would happen if the contract needs to be ended prematurely? And how do they negotiate disagreements?
- Actively run the project – Once you are thorough with every detail, it’s time to start off the project. By now, you will already have a plan of action readily established by your end.
- Monitor the performance of your partner company performance – Actively access and monitor your partner company’s performance and check if there’s any degradation in the quality of work with time.
Request for services
Find out more about how we can help your organization navigate its next. Let us know your areas of interest so that we can serve you better.